Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 97|
|January 25, 2006 - Present|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|First elected||January 2006|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|J.D.||University of Richmond|
|Place of birth||Richmond, VA|
Peace works as a Multi-state Government Relations Consultant and attorney. He earned his B.A. in English from Hampden-Sydney College and his J.D. from the University of Richmond.
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #1
- General Laws
- Housing Subcommittee
- FOIA/Procurement Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #3 (Chair)
- Subcommittee #2
- HB 1940 Open Education Resource Center Grant Fund; established, development of two-year pilot project.
- HB 1942 Single-sex education; clarifies manner school boards may establish program in school division.
- HB 2436 Assault and battery; penalty when against emergency room personnel. 
Illegal immigrants in public colleges
Peace pre-filed a bill to be sure those who are in the United States illegally are not admitted to public colleges in Virginia.
“There’s wide-spread sentiment that public benefit should not be going to those who are here illegally,” Peace said.
Peace said he is sponsoring the bill to ensure taxpayers are receiving the benefits of the tax dollars they pay into the state’s institutions of higher learning.
“We’re not trying to be mean-spirited here,” he said. “We’re trying to open our doors to Virginians."
On November 8, 2011, Peace won re-election to District 97 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and ran unopposed in the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Peace was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 97 (2009)|
|Chris Peace (R)||'|
The top 5 donors to Peace's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association||$4,500|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$3,500|
|Allen Allen Allen and Allen||$3,300|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|Virginia Optometric Association||$2,790|
Peace and his wife, Ashley, have two children.
- Delegate Chris Peace official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Peace
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Chris Peace on Facebook
- Chris Peace on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Peace
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- "Bill to bar illegal immigrants from state colleges pre-filed for next session," Virginia Statehouse News, December 10, 2010
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 97
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |