|Virginia House of Delegates District 97|
|January 25, 2006 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||January 2006|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|J.D.||University of Richmond|
|Place of birth||Richmond, VA|
Peace works as a Multi-state Government Relations Consultant and attorney. He earned his B.A. in English from Hampden-Sydney College and his J.D. from the University of Richmond.
In the 2012-2013 session, Peace served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Peace served on the following committees:
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #1
- General Laws
- Housing Subcommittee
- FOIA/Procurement Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #3, Chair
- Subcommittee #2
- HB 1940 Open Education Resource Center Grant Fund; established, development of two-year pilot project.
- HB 1942 Single-sex education; clarifies manner school boards may establish program in school division.
- HB 2436 Assault and battery; penalty when against emergency room personnel. 
Illegal immigrants in public colleges
Peace pre-filed a bill to be sure those who are in the United States illegally are not admitted to public colleges in Virginia.
“There’s wide-spread sentiment that public benefit should not be going to those who are here illegally,” Peace said.
Peace said he is sponsoring the bill to ensure taxpayers are receiving the benefits of the tax dollars they pay into the state’s institutions of higher learning.
“We’re not trying to be mean-spirited here,” he said. “We’re trying to open our doors to Virginians."
Peace is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 97. Peace ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Peace was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 97 (2009)|
|Chris Peace (R)||'|
In 2011, Peace received $188,807 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Chris Peace's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$10,231|
|Virginia Medical Society||$4,500|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||$3,500|
|Allen Allen Allen & Allen||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$188,807|
The top 5 donors to Peace's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association||$4,500|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$3,500|
|Allen Allen Allen and Allen||$3,300|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|Virginia Optometric Association||$2,790|
Peace and his wife, Ashley, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chris + Peace + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Peace: Virginia honors Indian culture - Richmond Times Dispatch
- Breaking News: Former South African President Nelson Mandela Has Died - Indian Country Today Media Network
- Time Magazine's 30 under 30?? - Politico
- Hillsborough real estate transactions for Dec. 8 - Tampabay.com (blog)
- Critics' Picks Critics' Picks: Dec. 6-12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Song, dance, tears for Mandela in South Africa - WSLS 10 NBC in Roanoke ... - WSLS
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela - WSLS
- Inuit Remember Nelson Mandela Stopover as Canada Mourns His Passing - Indian Country Today Media Network
- Sand Creek Healing Run Honors Ancestors, Heals Runners - Indian Country Today Media Network
- Remembering Nelson Mandela 1918-2013 - Indian Country Today Media Network
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Delegate Chris Peace official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Peace
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Chris Peace on Facebook
- Chris Peace on Twitter
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Delegate Peace
- ↑ Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- ↑ "Bill to bar illegal immigrants from state colleges pre-filed for next session," Virginia Statehouse News, December 10, 2010
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Virginia Leadership Team," December 29, 2011
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- ↑ Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 97
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |