Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 11|
|Profession||Army colonel (ret.)|
According to his website, Perkins' campaign platform includes the following issues:
- End bailouts
- Improve training for the unemployed
- Increase domestic energy production
Perkins is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Virginia's 11th District. He defeated Ken Vaughn in the June 12 Republican primary. He faces Gerald Connolly (D), Joe Galdo (G), Peter Marchetti (I), Chris DeCarlo (I), and Mark Gibson (I) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Perkins has opposed a Vaughn budget plan as cutting too many public-sector workers and instead wants to limit government "at a system level."
|Chris Perkins Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$46,763.58||$73,760.39||$(35,162.74)||$85,361.23|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$60,340.78||$40,603.76||$(56,513.67)||$44,430.87|
- Washington Examiner "Republicans vie for Connolly's Northern Virginia district," June 8, 2012
- Chris Perkins campaign website "About," Accessed June 9, 2012
- Chris Perkins campaign website "Issues," Accessed June 9, 2012
- Virginia Board of Elections-2012 Primary Results
- Federal Election Commission "Chris Perkins' 2012 Summary reports," Accessed September 26, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, Chris Perkins' April Quarterly report," Accessed September 26, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Chris Perkins' July Quarterly report," Accessed September 26, 2012