Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 14|
|Bachelor's||Rice University (1985)|
|Profession||Technical Marketing Engineer, Mentor Graphics|
On his campaign website, Rockwood listed the following issues:
- JOBS & TAXES:
- "The most important issue facing the State of Wisconsin is a shortage of family-supporting jobs. I believe that our tax code is far too complex; we need to ease the burden on small businesses to encourage economic growth and increase employment. I also believe that we cannot afford to shortchange hard-working Wisconsinites by giving tax breaks to corporations that have not been creating jobs for our families. Any corporate tax incentives must be directly tied to job creation."
- "I will stand firmly on the side of education in the State of Wisconsin. Our children and parents deserve a safe and cutting-edge educational system. In a society that is becoming more and more globally driven, we must ensure that our students in the 14th Assembly District and across the state are the best-educated in the nation."
- TRANSPARENCY & CIVILITY:
- "It is no secret that the last legislative session in Madison was very divisive. Regardless of which side of the aisle we stand on, we are all Wisconsinites who want what is best for our communities and for our great state. I pledge to work with Democrats, Republicans, and independents to address the concerns of my constituents and to increase transparency and accountability in state government. Instead of dwelling on the legislative battles of the past, I will look toward the future with a bipartisan approach."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Rockwood ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 14. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated by incumbent Dale Kooyenga (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dale Kooyenga Incumbent||59.1%||20,976|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Chris + Rockwood + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Chris+Rockwood+Wisconsin+Assembly&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Chris Rockwood News Feed
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |