- Graduated from Spaulding High School (1982)
- Honors degree, Harvard University (1986) in government
- Juris Doctorate, Cornell Law School (1989)
Shortly after receiving his law degree, he worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Albert Coffrin of the United States District Court for the District of Vermont. In 1990, Roy joined the private practice firm of Downs, Rachlin, & Martin PLLC as an attorney focusing on all aspects of commercial and property-related litigation in both state and federal courts on behalf of individuals and businesses.
- Member, Vermont Environmental Board
- Member, Vermont Advisory Committee to the United States Commission on Civil Rights
- Member, Leadership team for the Vermont Lake Champlain Quadricentennial Commission
- Member, Williston Selectboard
- Delegate, National Republican Convention (2000 and 2008)
- Chairman, Williston Town Republican Committee
- Vice-Chair, Burlington City Republican Committee
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - Republican Primary |
|Republican Party||Jason Gibbs||56.3%|
|Republican Party||Chris Roy||42.9%|
Roy has lived in Williston, Vermont for the past sixteen years with his wife, Lisa Gendron. The couple has had three children together.