Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Utah, District 2|
|High school||Sky View High School|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force|
Stewart graduated from Utah State University. After serving as a pilot in the U.S. Air Force for fourteen years, Stewart went on to become a small-business owner and author of several books. He and his wife, Evie, have six children.
Stewart is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Utah's 2nd District. Stewart defeated Jason Buck, Dave Clark, Cherilyn Eagar, Howard Wallack, Chuck Williams, John Willoughby, Milton Hanks, Edward Mayerhofer, Jeramey McElhaney, and Bob Fuehr in the Republican convention. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2012 elections season. Below are Chris Stewart's reports.
|Chris Stewart Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Pre-Convention||April 1, 2012||$104,554.32||$68,289.40||$(60,126.08)||$112,717.64|
|July Quarterly||July 13, 2012||$112,717.64||$95,239.78||$(93,205.40)||$114,752.02|
- Chris Stewart campaign website "About Chris," Accessed January 2, 2012
- Deseret News "Author Chris Stewart running for 2nd District seat," Accessed January 2, 2012
- Utah Lieutenant Governor - Candidate filings
- Federal Election Commission "Candidate (H2UT02324) Summary Reports - 2011-2012 Cycle," Accessed July 13, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Friends of Chris Stewart, Inc. Pre-Convention," Accessed July 13, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Friends of Chris Stewart, Inc. July Quarterly," Accessed July 20, 2012