Difference between revisions of "Christian Mitchell"
|Line 117:||Line 117:|
|votes2 = 6238
|votes2 = 6238
Revision as of 15:56, 18 July 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 26|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago|
Mitchell earned his Bachelor's in Public Policy Studies from the University of Chicago. His professional experience includes working as a community organizer, deputy field director for the Lisa Madigan re-election campaign, and campaign manager for Will Burns, Alderman, 4th Ward, in 2010.
Mitchell's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Ethics Policy
- Excerpt: "The people of the 26th district have long supported reform efforts and elected officials who work to make government more accountable. Christian Mitchell pledges to uphold this tradition as State Representative."
- Transportation Policy
- Excerpt: "As State Representative, Christian will pursue several goals to maintain and enhance the state’s transportation system."
- Jobs Policy
- Excerpt: "Illinois needs more jobs. Our state’s unemployment rate is 9.8 percent, 1.5 points higher than the national rate. Entrepreneurs and businesses face an unstable financial landscape that impedes job creation."
- Energy Policy
- Excerpt: "The state of Illinois is at a crossroads with respect to energy use and the environment. We must re-examine our energy sources: fossil fuel use pollutes our air and skews the nation’s foreign policy."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mitchell served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture & Conservation|
|• Health Care Availability Access|
|• State Government Administration|
Mitchell won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 26. Mitchell defeated Kenny Johnson in the March 20 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 26, General Election, 2012|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 26 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Mitchell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Mitchell raised a total of $564,859 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 18, 2013.
|Christian Mitchell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 26||$564,859|
|Grand Total Raised||$564,859|
2012Mitchell won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Mitchell raised a total of $564,859.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christian Mitchell's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$564,859|
|Source:Follow the Money|
- Official campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Christian Mitchell on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Campaign website, Policy
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Mitchell, Christian L," accessed July 18, 2013
Kimberly du Buclet (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 26
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |