Christine Johnson, Illinois legislator
|Illinois State Senate District 35|
|February 14, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Indian Creek High School|
|Bachelor's||Northern Illinois University|
Johnson earned her BA from Northern Illinois University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Johnson has been appointed to these committees:
- Subcommittee on Special Issues (Licensed Activities)
Johnson's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Budget and Tax Increase
- Excerpt: "I am opposed to tax increases that place additional financial burdens on our citizens and drive businesses out of Illinois."
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "I have co-sponsored legislation to repeal the tax increase enacted in January, 2011 on businesses."
- Cuts and Reforms
- Excerpt: "There are a number of cuts that have already been made, such as a reduction in the number of state-paid electronic devices and the number of vehicles in the state fleet."
- Legislators as Lobbyists
- Excerpt: "I would support legislation banning elected state officials from taking jobs in state government until at least five years after they leave office."
- Pension System Reform
- Excerpt: "The current pension system, with its $85 billion deficit, is not sustainable."
- Second Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "As a life member of the NRA, I support the second amendment rights of our citizens to own and carry firearms."
- Gambling and Casino Expansion
- Excerpt: "I do not believe that the expansion of gambling is a reliable source of revenue."
- Excerpt: "I believe that life begins at conception and is sacred -- not only for the unborn, but throughout a person's life."
- Excerpt: "I had not yet been appointed to the Senate for the vote on civil unions. Had I been, I would have voted against them."
- Excerpt: "I serve as the Minority Spokesperson on the Higher Education committee, and am on the Education Committee as well as the P-20 Council on Education. The education of our children is very important to me."
- Excerpt: "We owe our nation's veterans a debt of gratitude for the freedoms we enjoy every day. They have sacrificed for us, protected and defended us."
- Community Ties
- Excerpt: "My husband Jim and I have lived in this area our whole lives. I was born in Rockford, my mother grew up in Loves Park and my grandparents lived here."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
|Illinois State Senate Republican Primary, 2012|
|Dave Syverson Incumbent||57.6%||14,368|
|Christine J. Johnson Incumbent||42.4%||10,592|
Johnson was endorsed by Family-Pac.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Christine + Johnson + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Johnson and her husband, Jim, have one child.
- Campaign website
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly]
- Sen. Johnson website
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- WIFR, "Christine Johnson Sworn In to State Senate ," February 14, 2011
- WREX, "Christine Johnson sworn in to Burzynski's old Senate seat," February 15, 2011
- Campaign website, Issues
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- Family-Pac, "Endorsements," accessed June 22, 2012
J. Bradley Burzynski
|Illinois Senate District 35
February 14, 2011–2013
| Succeeded by|