Colorado House of Representatives, District 3
Mastan was defeated in the November 2 general election by incumbent Democrat Daniel Kagan.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 3 General election (2010)|
|Daniel Kagan (D)||14,981|
|Christine Mastan (R)||10,919|
Mastin's website lists the following issues:
- Budget Issues
- Excerpt: "I support comprehensive budget reform. I will work to bring greater transparency to the budget process so you know where your money is going. I will also support legislation that creates a friendlier, more efficient, and simpler tax code."
- Jobs and Small Business
- Excerpt: "Small business growth means job opportunities. We should encourage businesses to expand and increase their hiring levels."
- Taxes and Regulations
- Excerpt: "I will work to re-address the 'Dirty Dozen' business taxes approved in the last legislative session that removed incentives to hire and retain employees."
- School Reform
- Excerpt: "I support more local control over school budgets to ensure funding gets to where it is needed most – inside the classroom."
- Excerpt: "I do not support amnesty. However, I support a broader more simplified guest worker program that enforces greater accountability on employers to verify the status of their employees and on workers in disclosing their legal residence."
- Affordable Housing
- Excerpt: "I support housing assistance for low-income families through the current voucher-type programs. I will work to clarify affordable housing laws to avoid confusion on the part of the courts when private developers and property owners enter into private and voluntary rent-control agreements."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "I support health care reform at a state level. I oppose federal mandates as they serve to take away the ability of the taxpayers of Colorado to determine their own system of health reform."
- Unofficial list of primary candidates
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Christine Mastan website
- Christine Mastan facebook page
- Christine twitter page