|New Jersey State Senate District 16|
|January 10, 2014|
|Years in position||15|
|Deputy Minority Conference Leader, New Jersey State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|New Jersey State General Assembly|
|Bachelor's||Ithaca College, 1980|
|J.D.||Seton Hall University School of Law, 1984|
|Birthday||October 9, 1957|
|Place of birth||Somerville, NJ|
Bateman was a member of the New Jersey State Assembly from 1994 to 2007. He served as the Assistant Republican Leader during his time in this chamber.
Bateman graduated with a B.A in Political Science and History from Ithaca College. He later graduated with a J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law. He is an Attorney/Partner for DiFrancesco, Bateman, Coley, Yospin, Kunzman, Davis & Lehrer.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Bateman served on these committees:
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Bateman ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 16. Bateman was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary and is challenged by Christian R. Mastondrea (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
Bateman won re-election to the District 16 State Senate seat in the 2011 election. He ran unopposed in the June 7 Republican primary election. Bateman defeated Maureen Vella (D) in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
|New Jersey State Senate District 16 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Christopher Bateman Incumbent||54.6%||21,040|
In 2007, Bateman was re-elected to the New Jersey State Senate District 16. Bateman (R) finished with 27,846 votes and was followed by Wayne Fox (D) with 17,378 votes. Bateman raised $343,163 for his campaign fund. 
|New Jersey Senate 2007 General Election, District 16 (2007)|
|Christopher Bateman (R)||27,846|
|Wayne Fox (D)||17,378|
In 2011, Bateman received $367,883 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Christopher Bateman's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$4,500|
|New Jersey Bankers Association||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$367,883|
|Total Votes received in 2011||21,040|
|Cost of each vote received||$17.48|
In 2007, Bateman collected $343,163 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|New Jersey Association of Realtors||$4,000|
|New Jersey Coalition of Automotive Retailers||$3,500|
|Alper, Jodi P.||$2,600|
|Remington & Vernick Engineeers||$2,600|
Bateman represents New Jersey Senate District 16, which includes the borough of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
Bateman and his wife, Susan, have four children. They currently reside in Branchburg, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Christopher + Bateman + New Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senator Christopher Bateman receives vintage photograph from Clark family - Suburban News
- PT1M11S http://www.smh.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-2ys7v ... - Sydney Morning Herald
- Iowa or bust? Senate stalls on attempt to override Christie hog farming veto - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
- Students from Frank K. Henly School in Clark visit the statehouse and barracks - Suburban News
- Greenstein declares victory in 14th District, Assembly races tilt toward Democrats - The Times of Trenton - NJ.com
- Legislative Package Offers Help to Property Owners Still Recovering from Storm - NJ Spotlight
- HILLSBOROUGH: Gov. Christie opens Route 206 bypass segment - Packet Online
- Clark 4th Graders Get Personalized Tour Of NJ Statehouse - NJ TODAY
- May 2014 deadline for completion of remedial investigations and NJDEP non ... - Lexology (registration)
- Six races to watch tonight as returns pour in - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 16," November 3, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 16," October 12, 2011
- Official website of Christopher Bateman
- Christopher Bateman legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Christopher Bateman biography on Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Republican Party biography of Christopher Bateman
- Kip Bateman on Facebook
- Kip Bateman on Twitter
- ↑ Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives
- ↑ Official website of Christopher Bateman
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- ↑ Hunterdon County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- ↑ Mercer County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- ↑ Middlesex County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- ↑ Somerset County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- ↑ New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Primary Candidate List
- ↑ New Jersey State Senate election results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=95665
- ↑ New Jersey Senate Districts By Number
|New Jersey State Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|