Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 137|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of New Hampshire|
|Master's||State University of New York at Buffalo|
|Ph.D.||State University of New York at Buffalo|
Though trained as a chemist, Friend has been involved with local government for the Town of Big Flats and elected to the Chemung County Legislature before running for assembly.
He holds a B.S. in Chemistry from the University of New Hampshire as well as a master's degree and a Ph.D. in Chemistry from SUNY Buffalo. He and his wife Renee have four children, Brianna, Joshua, Ashley, and Elijah.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Friend has been appointed to the following committees:
- Children and Families Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 137 2010|
|Christopher Friend (R)||21,248|
|James Hare (D)||10,844|
|Paul Marcellus (C)||1,677|
In 2010, Friend raised a total of $82,558 in campaign contributions.
His three largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Friend, Christopher S||$37,216|
|Republican Assembly Campaign Cmte of New York||$15,000|
|Friends for Winner||$3,000|
Friend and his wife Renee have four children.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Thomas O'Mara (R)
|New York Assembly - District 137
| Succeeded by|