|Michigan House of Representatives District 40|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Republican Chuck Moss of Birmingham is the current state representative for the 40th District of the Michigan House of Representatives serving his second term. Rep. Moss received a B.A. from Michigan State University's James Madison College. He obtained a J.D. from the University of Detroit law school.
Moss is a practicing attorney, and also has an active involvement with Detroit local media. He has hosted a number of shows on WXST, WJIM and was the co-host of "Back to Back" on WTVS. He has also been a freelance writer for the Oakland Press and the Detroit News.
He resides in Birmngham with Alice Moss and his two daughters.
Previous Offices Held
Moss served on the Birmingham Traffic and Safety Board from 1993-1997 before being elected to the City Commission. In 2000 he was elected mayor.
Later in 2000, Moss was elected to the Oakland County Commission. He served as the chair of the Finance Committee. He served on the Commission until 2006.
In November 2006, Moss was elected to the State House, defeating Democrat Syed Jafry.
Political Campaign History
- 2006 campaign for State House
- Chuck Moss (R), 65%
- Syed Jafry (D), 35%
Chuck Moss’s Voting Record
Chuck Moss on Key Votes of the 2009-2010 Legislature
More Voting Record Details
- List of all of Chuck Moss’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
- List of Chuck Moss’s 21 missed roll-call votes
Chuck Moss’s Committee Assignments, 2009-2010 Legislature
- Not Listed
Chuck Moss’s Campaign Contributions
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Rep. Chuck Moss
S-889 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48933
- Michigan Legislature - Representative Chuck Moss
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Chuck Moss profile
- Michigan Votes - Chuck Moss
- Michigan House Republicans - Chuck Moss
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |