Chuck Smith (Kansas)
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Atchison High School|
|Bachelor's||Pittsburg State University|
|Master's||Pittsburg State University|
|Birthday||December 20, 1951|
|Place of birth||Atchison, Kansas|
Smith was born in Atchison, Kansas in 1951 and moved to Southeast Kansas in 1970 after enrolling at Pittsburg State University. He earned his B.S. in Mathematics, his M.A. in physical education and his Ed.S. in administration from Pittsburg State University.
Smith played football and baseball at Pittsburg State University between 1970 and 1973, before going on to enjoy a decorated career as athletic director and head football coach at St. Mary’s-Colgan High School in Pittsburg.
Smith has been active in his community from landscaping and volunteerism to active membership with the Knights of Columbus, Kansas Coaches Association and board membership with the Kansas Teachers Community Credit Union.
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Julie Menghini was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Chuck Smith was unopposed in the Republican primary.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Chuck + Smith + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- Kansas House of Representatives District 3
- Kansas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas House of Representatives, "Candidate Lists"
- Campaign Facebook page
- Chuck Smith nominated for USA Today award
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Lists," accessed June 25, 2014
- Facebook, "Chuck Smith - Kansas State Representative, About," accessed July 14, 2014
- Pittsburg State Gorillas, "Intercollegiate Athletics Hall of Fame," accessed July 14, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |