Difference between revisions of "Cindy Neighbor"
m (Text replace - 'has refused to take Project Vote Smart's' to 'refused to take Project Vote Smart's')
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Neighbor refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"<ref>[http://votesmart.org/npat.php?can_id=34808 Project Vote Smart - Rep. Neighbor ''Issue Positions'']</ref>
Revision as of 19:49, 24 February 2011
|Kansas House of Representatives District 18|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Neighbor, who attended Johnson County Community College and Kansas City Kansas Community College, has worked as a medical administrator as well as a Public Relations and Marketing Director.
She has served as Parent Teacher Association President and was on the founding committee of the Ronald McDonald House at the University of Kansas Medical Center. She is also a member of the Board of Indigent Defense Services, Kansas State Board of Education, and the Teacher Credentialing Board.
Neighbor refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Neighbor has not yet sponsored any major legislation in the 2009 session.
While a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, Neighbor served on the following committees:
- Energy and Utilities Committee, House of Representatives
- Health and Human Services Committee, House of Representatives
- Insurance Committee, House of Representatives
- Energy and Environmental Policy Joint Committee, State Legislature
On November 4, 2008, Neighbor was re-elected to the 18th District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating John Rubin (R).  Neighbor raised $63,893 for her campaign, while Rubin raised $30,017. 
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 18|
|Cindy Neighbor (D)||6,272||52.3%|
|John Rubin (R)||5,698||47.6%|
In 2008 Neighbor collected $63,893 in donations.
Four of her largest contributors were:
|Helena Whitlock Revocable Trust||$20,000|
|Kansans for LIfesaving Cures||$1,000|
|Kansas Medical Society||$1,000|
- Cindy Neighbor's Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Cindy Neighbor
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cindy Neighbor Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Neighbor Issue Positions
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 18
| Succeeded by|
John Rubin (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |