City of Buellton Urban Growth Boundaries, Measures E and F (November 2008)
Measure E, a citizen-initiated measure, was approved with 68.58% of the vote.
Meausure F, a measure placed on the ballot by the city council, was defeated with 23.35% of the vote.
Under the terms of the successful Measure E:
- Voter approval is required for expansion outside the city limits or to develop sewer or water services outside the existing city limits.
- The initiative amends the city's current General Plan.
- The initiative will be in effect until December 31, 2025.
"Buellton Is Our Town" was the group behind Measure E. Containing urban sprawl was their primary goal.
Path to the ballot
- Buellton Is Our Town
- Election results
- Two Buellton ballot measures duel for approval
- Measures E and F spur hotbed of discussion
- Lompoc Record, Initiative backers turn in petitions, May 4, 2008