City of Buellton Urban Growth Boundaries, Measures E and F (November 2008)
Measure E, a citizen-initiated measure, was approved with 68.58% of the vote.
Meausure F, a measure placed on the ballot by the city council, was defeated with 23.35% of the vote.
"Buellton Is Our Town" is the group behind Measure E. Containing urban sprawl is their primary goal.
Under the terms of the successful Measure E:
- Voter approval is required for expansion outside the city limits or to develop sewer or water services outside the existing city limits.
- The initiative amends the city's current General Plan.
- The initiative will be in effect until December 31, 2025.
- Buellton Is Our Town
- Election results
- Two Buellton ballot measures duel for approval
- Measures E and F spur hotbed of discussion
- Lompoc Record, Initiative backers turn in petitions, May 4, 2008