A City of El Segundo Business License Tax, Measure N
ballot question was on the April 13, 2010 ballot
for voters in the City of El Segundo in Los Angeles County
, where it was approved.
Measure N amended the City of El Segundo's pre-existing business license tax by:
- Providing for an annual increase.
- Reducing a sales/use tax credit available to businesses
- Changing the text of the ordinance to clarify existing tax rates.
The annual increase authorized in Measure N is to be based on "averaging the last ten years of the consumer price index for the Los Angeles/Riverside/ Orange County area as calculated by the United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics."
| Measure N|
| Yes|| 1,508|| 68.0%|
- These election results are from the Los Angeles County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|| Measure N: "Shall the ordinance amending El Segundo Municipal Code §§ 4-2-1, 4-2-3, and 4-2-4 to allow annual increases to the business license tax to fund general municipal services including, without limitation, police protection and crime suppression services, fire prevention and suppression services, and park and recreation facilities and services be adopted?"
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.