City of Goleta Voter Approval Required for Agricultural Land Decisions, Measure G (November 2012)
If Measure G is approved, the city's General Plan will be amended to require that for the next twenty years, any proposed changes in the city's policies regarding "certain land 10 acres or more currently designated as Agriculture" must be voted on by the city's voters, rather than just the city council.
According to its supporters, Measure G would only apply to "the six remaining parcels of ten acres or more" located in Goleta. The six parcels are:
- The Bishop Ranch
- Two properties immediately to the east and west f the Bishop Ranch that are zoned agricultural at present
- Fairview Gardens
- A parcel in Ellwood Canyon
- A parcel west of Glen Annie Golf Course.
A simple majority vote is required for approval.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|Measure G: "Should the City of Goleta General Plan be amended to require that for the next twenty years any changes to specified policies and designation of certain land 10 acres or more currently designated as Agriculture be required to be approved by the voters as well as the City Council, subject to certain limited exceptions?"|
Path to the ballot
- Website of the City of Goleta
- Goleta Agricultural Land Protection Initiative website (in favor of a "yes" vote)