City of Sierra Madre Eminent Domain, Measure ED (April 2010)
Revision as of 07:39, 24 February 2013 by Polycal
April 13, 2010 ballot for voters in the City of Sierra Madre in Los Angeles County, where it was overwhelmingly approved.
- These election results are from the Los Angeles County elections office.
- Sierra Madre City Council member John Buchanan, who said, "Taking one person's private property to hand it to another is morally questionable, to say the least."
- Sierra Madre City Council member Joe Mosca, who said, "It's always seemed fundamentally unfair to me that a city, for no rationale, at all would be able to take over one's property and hand that over to a developer."
The question on the ballot:
|Measure ED: "Shall an ordinance be adopted prohibiting the City of Sierra Madre from exercising the power of eminent domain for private purposes, or facilitating or funding the exercise of the power of eminent domain for private purposes?"|
- Pasadena Star News, "Sierra Madre residents will vote on eminent domain", December 9, 2009
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.