City of Torrance Utility Users Tax, Measure T (June 2008)
Revision as of 04:54, 14 January 2013 by Polycal
June 3, 2008 ballot for voters in the City of Torrance in Los Angeles County, California, where it was approved.
Measure T ratified a pre-existing tax on utility use that generates about $8 million a year in city revenue.
- These final, certified, election results are from the Los Angeles County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure T: "Shall an ordinance be adopted to ratify and update Torrance’s existing telephone utility users’ tax, to continue to maintain such essential city services as police, fire, street repair, parks, libraries, recreation programs and other services that are presently paid for from the city’s general fund; provided that the present tax rate will not change; low-income seniors and disabled persons will remain exempt; and independent annual audits will be required?"|
- California Utility User Taxes
- California 2008 local ballot measures
- Local utility taxes in California
- Covina, Torrance try to ratify telephone taxes, May 28, 2008
- Seven ballot measures seek money for schools, May 28, 2008
- Torrance's Measure T keeps tax
- No Cell Tax
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found