Clair Van Steenwyk
|Clair Van Steenwyk|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 13|
|Birthday||October 1, 1946|
|Place of birth||Orange City, IA|
Van Steenwyk's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economy & Jobs
- Excerpt: "We must revise our tax system to not punish those who achieve success and reward those who don’t, at the expense of all of us. We must also put the federal, and hopefully all state government on a Zero-Based Budget rather than the Baseline Budget System now being used, which just increases the budget automatically each and every year rather than going back"
- Excerpt: "It’s time for us to have a real Energy Plan for theUnited States of America. There’s more money made by big oil from importing and not drilling than if we’d allow drilling and encourage small businesses to do the work that big oil doesn’t seem to want to do."
- National Debt
- Excerpt: "Our Financial Security is at the brink of disaster. Our elected officials for generations have put us all on a path to destruction. We have a responsibility as Americans to put an end to this type of fiscal irresponsibility."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "First, ABOLISH ObamaCare. As proven by the form of health care in Europe andCanada, government-run health care JUST DOESN’T WORK. Many Canadians come here for care, as they can’t afford to wait while their condition worsens."
Van Steenwyk (listed as Clair "Van") ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 13 as a write-in candidate. Incumbent Steve Montenegro and Darin Mitchell defeated incumbent Russ Jones in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. She was defeated in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 13 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Steve Montenegro Incumbent||39.1%||10,189|
|Russ Jones Incumbent||28%||7,294|
|Clair Van Steenwyk Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||May 7, 2012||$109.22||$7,499.77||$(7,875.44)||$458.05|
|July Quarterly||July 6, 2012||$458.05||$9,475.77||$(8,271.42)||$1,652.40|
Van Steenwyk and his wife, Jean, have one child.
- Clair Van Steenwyk Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Official Campaign Facebook page
- Clair Van Steenwyk Facebook
- Clair Van Steenwyk Twitter
- "Crossroads with Van" Radio Program Official Site
- "Tea Party Blogging" Presented by "Crossroads with Van" with Articles by Van Steenwyk
- Campaign website, Issues
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary candidate list," accessed December 20, 2013
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Associate Press primary results
- Federal Election Commission "Clair Van Steenwyk's Summary Report," Accessed August 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Clair Van Steenwyk April Quarterly," Accessed August 20, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Clair Van Steenwyk July Quarterly," Accessed August 20, 2012
- Project Vote Smart biography