|New Jersey General Assembly District 28|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Tennessee State University, Miles College|
|Profession||Executive Director, The Centre Inc.|
Tucker studied at Tennessee University's Miles College. She is also the Executive Director of The Centre Incorporated.
- A2605 Permits certain special law enforcement officers to carry firearms at all times when in State.
- A2693 Clarifies that certain sports and entertainment projects are an essential public and governmental use and purpose and exempt from property taxation.
- A3452 Establishes Criminal Sentencing Commission to study and review the criminal law and recommend revisions; repeals existing commissions.
- A4082 Requires public bodies to provide funds for outreach and training programs for minority group members and women in connection with certain construction contracts. 
Tucker ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 28. Tucker is bracketed with Ralph Caputo. She was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. She is challenged by James Boydston (R), Peter S. Manning (R), and incumbent Ralph Caputo (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013. 
Tucker won re-election in 2011. She and incumbent Ralph Caputo were bracketed together and defeated Michael Frazzano in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Carol Humphreys and Sajda Barlas in the November 8 general election.
Running for re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election, Tucker received 25,516 votes (40%), defeating Republican challengers Herbert Glenn and Andrew Bloschak. She was bracketed with Ralph Caputo.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twenty-Eighth Legislative District (2009)|
|Cleopatra G. Tucker (D)||25,975|
|Ralph R. Caputo (D)||25,172|
|Herbert Glenn (R)||6,477|
|Andrew Bloschak (R)||6,053|
In 2011, Tucker received $43,421 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cleopatra Tucker's campaign in 2011|
|Tucker, Cleopatra G||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$43,421|
|Total Votes received in 2011||14,002|
|Cost of each vote received||$3.1|
Below are Tucker's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Tucker, Cleopatra G||$7,200|
|Gold Schnitler, Ginger||$3,400|
Tucker was endorsed by:
Tucker and her late husband, Donald, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cleopatra + Tucker + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJ Assembly - Hon. Cleopatra Tucker
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Cleopatra Tucker
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Tucker
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Unofficial general election candidates," Accessed August 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |