Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 33|
On his campaign website, Vanel listed four main issues of his campaign:
- Fair Allocation of Resources: "The incumbent wasted almost two million dollars on her own organization, while senior centers are closing, community day care centers have been closed, schools are closing and people are out of work. We must stop this kind of spending immediately. Clyde vows to spend and allocate the resources fairly to keep our senior centers open, to support job creation and support the next generation."
- Jobs and Small Businesses: "Clyde has extensive experience as a business attorney, former restaurant owner and employer in running a business in New York. It is difficult to open, operate and grow a business in our state. Clyde will work to help create an environment where small businesses can expand and create new jobs."
- Improving Education: "Clyde will work to improve our schools by (1) supporting policy that promotes supporting our schools with the proper resources and funding and not simply closing schools, (2) supporting successful proven programs that properly educate our children, (3) supporting teachers and staff that work effectively and (4) promoting community and parent involvement."
- Ethics Reform: "Clyde believes that government should be transparent and accountable. He supports meaningful financial disclosures and special interest and lobbyist meeting disclosures and reporting. The legislature passed the Public Integrity Reform Act last June. It is important to make sure that the measures are properly enforced."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Clyde + Vanel + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |