Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 33|
On his campaign website, Vanel listed four main issues of his campaign:
- Fair Allocation of Resources: "The incumbent wasted almost two million dollars on her own organization, while senior centers are closing, community day care centers have been closed, schools are closing and people are out of work. We must stop this kind of spending immediately. Clyde vows to spend and allocate the resources fairly to keep our senior centers open, to support job creation and support the next generation."
- Jobs and Small Businesses: "Clyde has extensive experience as a business attorney, former restaurant owner and employer in running a business in New York. It is difficult to open, operate and grow a business in our state. Clyde will work to help create an environment where small businesses can expand and create new jobs."
- Improving Education: "Clyde will work to improve our schools by (1) supporting policy that promotes supporting our schools with the proper resources and funding and not simply closing schools, (2) supporting successful proven programs that properly educate our children, (3) supporting teachers and staff that work effectively and (4) promoting community and parent involvement."
- Ethics Reform: "Clyde believes that government should be transparent and accountable. He supports meaningful financial disclosures and special interest and lobbyist meeting disclosures and reporting. The legislature passed the Public Integrity Reform Act last June. It is important to make sure that the measures are properly enforced."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Vanel ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 33. Vanel was defeated by incumbent Barbara M. Clark in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He filed to run as a candidate for the More Jobs Party, and was defeated by Clark in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 33, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Barbara Clark Incumbent||89.4%||34,564|
|New York State Assembly, District 33 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Barbara Clark Incumbent||63.8%||3,184|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Clyde + Vanel + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |