Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 13|
Williams was a staffer for President Bill Clinton, and political director of the Democratic National Committee. He has also worked at the Center for American Progress. His wife served as deputy chief of staff for President Barack Obama.
According to his website, Williams' campaign platform includes the following issues:
- Launching tourism and other job-creation initiatives
- Expanding Pre-K programs, and supporting merit pay
- Higher spending on infrastructure
Williams is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 13th District. He is seeking the nomination on the Democratic ticket. He will face incumbent Charles Rangel, Adriano Espaillat, Craig Schley, and Joyce Johnson in the June 26 Democratic primary. The general election is November 6, 2012.
Rangel, who has represented the 13th for the past 42 years, is seen as vulnerable in the primary. Williams says new leadership is required to address "decades-old problems" in the 13th district.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Clyde + Willlaims + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Clyde Williams campaign website "Meet Clyde," Accessed June 18, 2012
- NPR "Harlem Icon Faces 'Perfect Storm' In Re-Election Bid," June 13, 2012
- Clyde Williams campaign website "Job Creation," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Clyde Williams campaign website "Education Reform," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Clyde Williams campaign website "Housing and Infrastructure," Accessed June 18, 2012
- New York Board of Elections "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," Accessed June 11, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |