Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 13|
Williams was a staffer for President Bill Clinton, and political director of the Democratic National Committee. He has also worked at the Center for American Progress. His wife served as deputy chief of staff for President Barack Obama.
According to his website, Williams' campaign platform includes the following issues:
- Launching tourism and other job-creation initiatives
- Expanding Pre-K programs, and supporting merit pay
- Higher spending on infrastructure
Williams was running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 13th District. He sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. He faced incumbent Charles Rangel, Adriano Espaillat, Craig Schley, and Joyce Johnson in the June 26 Democratic primary. The general election is November 6, 2012. Rangel won the Democratic primary and advances to the general election on November 6th, 2012.
Rangel, who has represented the 13th for the past 42 years, is seen as vulnerable in the primary. Williams says new leadership is required to address "decades-old problems" in the 13th district.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Clyde + Willlaims + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Clyde Williams campaign website "Meet Clyde," Accessed June 18, 2012
- NPR "Harlem Icon Faces 'Perfect Storm' In Re-Election Bid," June 13, 2012
- Clyde Williams campaign website "Job Creation," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Clyde Williams campaign website "Education Reform," Accessed June 18, 2012
- Clyde Williams campaign website "Housing and Infrastructure," Accessed June 18, 2012
- New York Board of Elections "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," Accessed June 11, 2012
- AP "2012 primary results"
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |