Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maine State Senate, District 25|
|December 5, 2012-present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lachowicz served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• State and Local Government, Chair|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maine State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. Catherine Breen defeated Stephen Woods in the Democratic primary. William Gardiner was unopposed in the Republican primary but withdrew afterwards; Cathy Manchester was selected as his replacement. Breen defeated Manchester in the general election. Manchester requested a recount, which reversed the outcome of the race, with Manchester at 10,927 votes and Breen at 10,916. Breen did not agree with result, leaving the issue to be decided by the Senate with the advice of a committee appointed by the Senate President. Due to the election night results, Breen was still recognized as the district's senator-elect by the Maine Secretary of State and was expected to be seated when the chamber met on December 3. However, the Senate voted 20-14, along party lines, to seat Manchester. On December 9, the committee's investigation revealed that 21 ballots for Manchester were counted twice in the recount, refuting what had been seen as 21 extra "phantom ballots" for Manchester appearing from the town of Long Island. Manchester promptly resigned following the discovery; although Breen is now recognized as senator-elect, the Senate is still tasked with voting on a winner when it convenes in January.
|Maine State Senate District 25, General Election, 2014|
|Maine State Senate, District 25 Democratic Primary, 2014|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Lachowicz won election in the 2012 election for Maine State Senate District 25. She ran and won against Dana Hernandez in the Democratic primary on June 12, 2012, and defeated incumbent Thomas Martin, Jr. (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
The Maine Republican Party attacked Lachowicz throughout the campaign for her "time-consuming double life" playing the fantasy role-playing game World of Warcraft, including creating a website dedicated to her called Colleen's World.
An October 2012 article in The Daily named Lachowicz one of the 20 worst candidates in 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 25, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Thomas Martin, Jr. Incumbent||47.2%||7,773|
|Maine State Senate, District 25 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Lachowicz is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Lachowicz raised a total of $26,444 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|Colleen Lachowicz's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State Senate, District 25||$26,444|
|Grand Total Raised||$26,444|
2012Lachowicz won election to the Maine State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Lachowicz raised a total of $26,444.
|Maine State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Colleen Lachowicz's campaign in 2012|
|Patrick, John L||$100|
|Murphy, Lynn M||$100|
|Hickman, Craig V||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,444|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Colleen + Lachowicz + Maine + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Senate
- Maine Senate Committees
- Maine Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Colleen Lachowicz on the Maine State Senate website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Senate District 25 recount will go to the Senate," November 18, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," accessed May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," accessed June 2, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "General Election - November 4, 2014," accessed December 5, 2014
- Bangor Daily News, "Maine Senate votes to seat GOP candidate Manchester in still-contested race," December 3, 2014
- Bangor Daily News, "Democrat wins Senate election after investigation reveals ‘phantom ballots’ for GOP opponent did not exist," December 9, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Maine Summary Vote Totals," accessed June 12, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," accessed June 12, 2012
- FOX News, "Candidate's 'World of Warcraft' hobby causing political problems," October 6, 2012
- The Daily, "The worst candidates of 2012," October 29, 2012 (dead link)
- followthemoney.org, "Lachowicz, Colleen," accessed September 12, 2013
Thomas Martin, Jr. (R)
|Maine State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|