Colleen Stone recall, Maywood, Nebraska (2013)
An effort to recall Colleen Stone from her position on the Village Board of Maywood, Nebraska was launched in July 2013. A recall election was held on November 19, 2013. Stone retained her position.
The following are the results from the November 19, 2013 election:
|Should Colleen Stone be recalled?|
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in Nebraska
On July 29, Schmidt requested a recall affidavit against Stone from County Clerk Darla Walthers. After the affidavit was submitted, Stone was given 20 days to reply. Stone submitted her reply, and Schmidt had until September 3 to claim the recall petitions from the county court house. Schmidt then had 30 days to gather signatures from 41 registered voters in Maywood to trigger the recall election. Before the election was held, Stone said an election would cost the village $3,000, while County Clerk Walthers said it would $1,600 at minimum.
- Frontier County Enterprise, "Maywood patrons move to recall school board and village board members," August 20, 2013
- McCook Daily Gazette, "Petition circulated to recall four Maywood school, one village board member," August 8, 2013
- McCook Daily Gazette, "Maywood vote fails to recall board member," November 29, 2013
- Frontier County Enterprise, "Two Board Members Avoid Recall," August 21, 2013
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |