For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Colorado Same-Sex Marriage Amendment (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Marriage and Family
|Not on ballot|
Text of measure
If the measure had gone to the ballot, the language would have appeared as:
|“||Shall there be an amendment to the Colorado constitution declaring that a union of a same-sex couple or a union of an opposite-sex couple shall be valid and recognized as a marriage and shall be treated equally in all respects under Colorado law?||”|
Path to the ballot
Supporters had to gather 86,105 valid signatures by February 17, 2014 for the measure to appear on the ballot. In December 2013, the measure proponents announced they were halting their campaign in light of the recent court rulings in Utah and New Mexico, which overturned similar bans on same-sex marriage. The campaign had already decided to probably post-pone their efforts to the 2016 ballot, but in wake of the court cases, Jeremy Mathis said the campaign had decided to "see what happens next."
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Proposed Initiative 43," accessed August 13, 2013
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Results for Proposed Initiative #43 Ballot Title Setting Board 2013-2014," accessed May 23, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Colorado Legislative Council, "Initiatives Submitted for Review and Comment," accessed May, 23, 2014
- Aurora Sentinel, "AURORA MAN SUSPENDS 2014 INITIATIVE TO OVERTURN COLORADO BAN ON GAY MARRIAGE," December 23, 2014
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |