Colorado attorney general election, 2014
June 24, 2014
November 4, 2014
John W. Suthers
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Colorado is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. The primary is considered closed, but unaffiliated voters may choose to affiliate with a party on election day in order to vote.
Note: The following list of candidates is not official and will continue to be updated until the 2014 candidate filing deadline. Candidates will be added as we come across them prior to the deadline. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Don Quick - Former District Attorney, 17th Judicial District
- Cynthia Coffman - Deputy Attorney General
- David K. Williams
A March 2013 report in Governing named Colorado's attorney general seat as "vulnerable" to partisan switch heading into the 2014 elections. Incumbent attorney general John Suthers, a Republican first appointed in 2005 and elected to two subsequent full terms, is barred by term limits from running again in 2014. Vying for the open seat is Democrat Don Quick, who is considered "a strong contender to flip the seat." Undeclared Republican hopefuls as of the report's release date include Mark Waller, the State House Minority Leader, and attorney general office deputy Cynthia Coffman. Against the backdrop of Colorado's "purple" partisan landscape, this race, as well as other statewide seats opening in 2014, present competitive enticement to the non-incumbent party to assert control over new offices and territory.
- Colorado Attorney General
- Colorado state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- Colorado Revised Statutes, "Title 1, Article 7, Section 201, Voting at primary election," accessed January 2, 2014
- The Denver Post, "Democrat Don Quick, former DA, to run for Colorado attorney general," February 12, 2013
- Don Quick for Colorado Attorney General 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Homepage," accessed September 3, 2013
- Cynthia Coffman for Colorado Attorney General 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Homepage," accessed September 3, 2013
- The Libertarian Party of Colorado's Facebook page, "Congratulations to our 2014 Libertarian Party candidates for the State of Colorado," accessed April 7, 2014
- Governing, "The 2013-2014 Attorneys General Races: Who's Vulnerable?," March 25, 2013
State of Colorado
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources | Executive Director of Labor and Employment | Chair of Public Utilities |