Connecticut's 5th congressional district elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
Connecticut has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Elizabeth Esty (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Connecticut's 5th congressional district is located in the northwestern portion of the state. Salisbury, North Canaan, Caanan, Norfolk, Goshen, Canton, Simsbury, Avon, Farmington, Burlington, Litchfield, Morris, Bethlehem, Watertown, Plymouth, Wolcott, Waterbury, Cheshire, Meriden, Southbury, Newtown, Bethel, Danbury, Sherman, Brookfield, New Milford, Washingotn, Roxbury, Kent, Sharon, Cornwall and Torrington counties are included in the new district boundaries. 
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Elizabeth Esty - Incumbent
- Mark Greenberg - 2010 and 2012 Republican primary candidate for U.S. House, Connecticut, District 5
- Sal Lilienthal
Incumbent Elizabeth Esty (D) is a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's Frontline Program. The program is designed to help protect vulnerable Democratic incumbents heading into the 2014 election.
|U.S. House, Connecticut District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Connecticut Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
On November 2, 2010, Christopher S. Murphy won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Sam S.F. Caligiuri (R), John Pistone (I), and Elmon Smith (I) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Connecticut, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- ↑ Connecticut Redistricting "Map" Accessed July 7, 2012
- ↑ Hartford Courant, "Greenberg Says He'll Make A Third Run In 5th District In 2014," March 21, 2013
- ↑ The Courant, "Congressional Races Muted At Best, Even In The Fightin' 5th," accessed August 18, 2013
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Roll Call "Democrats to dominant Connecticut in near future" Accessed April 16, 2013
- ↑ Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, "DCCC Chairman Steve Israel Announces 2013-2014 Frontline Members," March 5, 2013
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"