Connecticut Gubernatorial election, 2014
August 12, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Connecticut is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Though parties decide who may vote in their primary election, the primary is considered closed as neither the Democratic Party nor the Republican Party allow any voter but those registered with their party to vote.
Note: The following list of candidates is not official and will continue to be updated until the 2014 candidate filing deadline. Candidates will be added as we come across them prior to the deadline. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
Running mates listed together in order of "Governor/Lieutenant Governor"
Dan Malloy/Nancy Wyman (Democrat, Working Families) - Incumbent 
Tom Foley/Heather Somers (Republican, Independent)
(Unaffiliated) Joseph Visconti/Chester Harris
Lost in the Republican primary
- Governor of Connecticut
- Connecticut state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 2, 2014
- Connecticut News Junkie, "Malloy Makes Re-election Bid Official," March 28, 2014
- NewsTimes, "Foley: Woman would have helped ticket," January 4, 2013
- Connecticut Mirror, Foley keeps GOP off balance with unexpected 'exploratory' announcement, September 10, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- CT Post, "McKinney announces run for governor," July 23, 2013
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |