Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Indiana Secretary of State|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||Indiana Secretary of State|
|Appointed by||Governor Mitch Daniels|
|Indiana State Senate District 24|
|Date of birth||April 20, 1949|
|Place of birth||Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Profession||Owner & Secretary/Treasurer, Lawson & Company; Auctioneers and Real Estate Professionals|
Lawson attended Darden School of Legislative Leadership. She went on to receive her Diploma from the Association of Indiana Counties in 1995. She then attended the Bowhay Institute for Legislative Leadership Development in 1998.
Lawson was the co-owner and Secretary/Treasurer for Lawson Brothers Auctioneers from 1971 to 1980. She worked in a Real Estate Office as a Closing Agent/Office Manager from 1970 to 1988. She then worked as a Clerk for the Abstract and Title Guaranty Company from 1986 to 1988. She was also Circuit Court Clerk for Hendricks County from 1989 to 1996. She has been co-owner and Secretary/Treasurer for Lawson and Company since 1980.
- Bowhay Institute of Legislative Leadership Development (BILLD)
- Council of State Government Toll Fellow
- Darden School of Legislative Leadership
Lawson has been a Precinct Committee Person for the Hendricks County Republican Central Committee since 1993. She has also been Vice-Chair of the Hendricks County Republican Party from 1994 to the present. She then joined the Indiana State Senate in 1996 and served in that position until March 2012 when she was tapped by Governor Daniels to fill the recently vacated seat of Indiana's secretary of state.
Secretary of State 2012-present
Indiana State Senate 1996-2012
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lawson has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lawson served on these committees:
- Appointments and Claims Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Elections Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Joint Rules Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Local Government Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Rules and Legislative Procedure Committee, Indiana State Senate
- Tax and Fiscal Policy Committee, Indiana State Senate
Elections and Appointments
Sen. Lawson was appointed to the office of Secretary of State by Gov. Mitch Daniels on March 16, 2012. Her appointment filled the vacancy left by former secretary Charlie White, who was forced to relinquish his seat after a Hamilton County jury convicted him of six felonies, including voter fraud and perjury. 
|Indiana State Senate, District 24 (2008)|
|Connie Lawson (R)||53,188|
In 2008, Lawson collected $132,062 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Robert L. Meeks for State Senate||$10,000|
|Indiana Chamber of Commerce||$6,800|
|Indiana Hospital Association||$5,500|
|Indiana Association of Realtors||$4,000|
|Indiana State Medical Association||$3,500|
|Eli Lilly & Co.||$3,500|
|Indiana Bankers Association||$3,500|
|Build Indiana Council||$3,000|
|Baker & Daniels||$2,800|
|David C. Long for State Senate||$2,500|
|Indiana Cable Telecommunications Association||$2,000|
|National Wine & Spirits Corp||$2,000|
|Indiana Dental Association||$2,000|
|Indiana CPA Society||$1,600|
|Indiana Statewide Association of Rural Electric Cooperatives||$1,500|
|Indiana Academy of Opthalmology||$1,500|
|Pat Miller for State Senator||$1,500|
Lawson and her husband, Jack, have two children, Brandon and Kylie, and seven grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Connie + Lawson + Indiana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana Secretary of State
- Governor of Indiana
- Gov. of Indiana Mitch Daniels
- Former Ind. Secretary of State Charlie White
- Former acting secretary Jerry Bonnet
- Connie Lawson's campaign website
- Official Indiana State Senate website of Connie Lawson
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
|Indiana State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |