Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Dakota State Senate District 21|
|2007 - 2013|
Garnos worked as farmer/rancher from 1985 to 2000. He worked as a small business owner from 1991 to 2000. He has worked as a teacher for Lyman School District from 1992 to the present. He has also worked as president of Garnos Ranch Hunts since 1992.
Garnos earned his B.A. in Social Science Comp from South Dakota Wesleyan University in 1991. He went on to receive his M.A. in Education Administration from South Dakota State University in 1997. He then earned his Education Specialist Degree from the University of South Florida in 2004.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Garnos has been assigned to the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota State Senate
- Education Committee, South Dakota State Senate, Chair
- State Affairs Committee, South Dakota State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Garnos served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota Senate
- Education Committee, South Dakota Senate
- Legislative Procedure Committee, South Dakota Senate
|South Dakota State Senate, District 21 (2010)|
|Cooper Garnos (R)||5,562||71.59%|
|Brandon Sazue (D)||2,207||28.41%|
Garnos raised $15,338 for his campaign while Asetoyer raised $3,016. 
|South Dakota State Senate, District 21 (2008)|
|Cooper Garnos (R)||6,428||72.94%|
|Charon Asetoyer (D)||2,385||27.06%|
Garnos raised $15,338 during the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Senate Republican Committee of South Dakota||$2,500|
|South Dakota Republican Party||$1,424|
|South Dakota Congress||$1,000|
|Committee for Fair Play||$500|
|South Dakota Education Association||$500|
|South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations||$500|
|William Janklow South Dakota Development Fund||$500|
Garnos and his wife Mary Jo have two children.
- Cooper Garnos' campaign website
- Profile from the South Dakota Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|South Dakota Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|