Florida State Senate, District 35
|Political party||No party affiliation|
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
| Florida State Senate, District 35 |
2010 General election results
|Gwen Margolis (D)||62,237||77.78%|
|Corey Poitier (NPA)||17,780||22.22%|
On his campaign website, Poitier lists nine issues he is concerned about. They are:
- The Constitution
- Excerpt: "I am a firm believer in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I am a strong proponent of the 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment and 10th Amendment."
- Excerpt: "I believe in the support and defense of Israel. Israel has been our ally and a great example of democracy in the Middle East."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "Social programs should be only for American citizens and legal immigrants. Without freebies, then you will have less illegal traffic."
- Bailouts and Stimulus Packages
- Excerpt: "I do not agree with bailouts and stimulus packages. Bailouts are government power grabs into the private sector and a slide toward socialism. Stimulus packages that are full of liberal pet projects I am not in favor of."
- Lowering Taxes
- Excerpt: "I believe in lowering taxes on individuals and companies. The government should stay out of the private sector."
- Healthcare Reform
- Excerpt: "I believe that the government should stay out of Health care. Let the private sector sort out Health care and cut costs."
- Welfare to Workfare
- Excerpt: "I believe that welfare needs to be reformed into Workfare. Where the able body recipient is trained to become a productive part of society."
- Crime and Drugs
- Excerpt: "We need to find a punishment and rehabilitation service for these men and women, so that they never want to go to jail/prison again. When they come out of jail/prison they can become a productive member of society."
- Supporting Workers
- Excerpt: "I believe that Police, Firefighters, EMT’s and Teachers should be paid a fair and handsome sum for the duty they perform. They are doing a selfless act."
- 2010 candidates for Florida State Senate
- August 24, 2010 primary election results
- Corey Poitier campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Corey Poitier on Facebook