Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 25|
|Bachelor's||San Francisco State University (1978)|
|Master's||Roosevelt University (2005)|
|Profession||Principal, CMP Consulting|
After earning her Bachelor's from San Francisco State University, Pierog became a professor of business communication and theater. She went on to earn an MBA from Roosevelt University.
Pierog is the founder and current President of Sustainable Leadership Solutions, a consulting company. She also serves on the St. Charles Community Unit District 303 school board.
Pierog's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "It is our duty to create both long and short term solutions that realistically address the underlying issues of unemployment. We need to secure a more stable economic future that will ease the despondency of our communities and bring a return to economic vitality."
- Excerpt: "Education provides the answer for a 21st century workforce that will be able to meet the growing demands of an innovative and technologically driven economy. Educational research has been the principal catalyst for economic growth and advancement in healthcare."
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR AND NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
- Excerpt: "Each of these organizations has been impacted by an unprecedented increase in demand for their services due to the unyielding unemployment of Illinois citizens. As the pressure on Kane County and Illinois’s non-profits to provide a wide array of social services increases, their funding resources have decreased."
- POSITION PAPER ON ILLINOIS'S PENSION
- Excerpt: "The growing pension contributions combined with a decrease in the number of employees contributing into the system and a limited General Revenue Fund has led many to call for major pension reforms. Illinois has only set aside only 45% of what it needs to meet its public-worker pension obligations. The fifth most populous state’s unfunded pension liability is growing by $12.6 million a day."
- POSITION PAPER PROPERTY TAX RELIEF
- Excerpt: "People today are struggling to find jobs, to pay bills, to keep their homes. When they are hit with an annual high real estate tax, it can put them under water. Many residents in District 25 are faced with just this dilemma.
They need relief."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Pierog ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 25. Pierog defeated Steven L. Hunter in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was defeated by Jim Oberweis (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Chris Lauzen (R) did not run for re-election in District 25.
|Illinois State Senate, District 25, General Election, 2012|
Pierog's campaign website listed the following endorsements, among others:
- A.B.A.T.E of Illinois
- AFSCME, Council 31, American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees
- The Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois
- Aurora Letter Carriers (NALC, Local 219)
- The Chicago Federation of Labor
Pierog was born in Chicago. She currently lives in St. Charles with her husband Robert. They have three children and two grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Corinne + Pierog + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Elect Corinne Pierog, "About Corinne," accessed January 3, 2012
- Corinne Pierog, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Corinne Pierog, "Endorsements," accessed October 21, 2012