|Wisconsin State Assembly District 62|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Mason received his BA in Philosophy from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
He is a member of Habitat for Humanity, League of Conservation Voters, Racine Heritage Museum, Racine Rotary West, River Alliance of Wisconsin, Root River Council, and the Advisory Board of the University of Wisconsin Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention.
On his campaign site Mason lists his views on a number of issues, including:
- Healthcare Reform — Reduce costs and cover more residents.
- Supporting Education — "For too long we have been pitting students against property tax payers. It’s time to find a viable solution to make sure kids get the education they deserve."
- Raising the Minimum Wage — "The first bill that Cory introduced was to raise the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour and then raise it every year thereafter at the rate of inflation. If it passed, it would mean a raise for 225,000 families in Wisconsin."
- Sunshine on Government — "Cory introduced a bill to allow the public to have full access to the Legislature’s deliberations."
- Saving SeniorCare — "Representative Mason is one of many legislators fighting to save SeniorCare."
- Finance Committee
- Natural Resources Committee
- Finance Committee, Wisconsin Legislature
- Information Policy and Technology Committee, Wisconsin Legislature
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-41 State minimum wage revised; DWD required to make annual adjustment; eliminating prohibition on local ordinance establishing a living wage
- AB-72 Homeless individuals and families: grant allocation for shelters in Dane County increased, portion designated for applicants providing temporary shelter in the vicinity of the state capitol
- AB-95 Preparation time during school day made a mandatory subject of collective bargaining under MERA in school districts
- AB-143 Partisan caucus of Senate or Assembly: exception to open meetings law deleted; legislative rules made invalid
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
Rep. Mason campaign commercial
The top 5 donors to Mason's 2008 campaign were individuals and labor organizations:
|WI Pipe Trades|
- Mason 4 Assembly - Official campaign site
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Cory Mason
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Facebook profile
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |