South Carolina (Sunshine Review)
has 46 counties.
County website evaluations
- Main article: Evaluation of South Carolina county websites
- 16 South Carolina counties put their budget information on their website.
- 32 counties include information on their websites about public government meetings.
- 40 include information about the county's elected officials.
- 34 include information about the county's administrative officials.
- 18 give information about permits and zoning in the county.
- 18 counties put information on their websites about audits that the county government has had performed.
- None of the counties provide information about its contracts with county vendors.
- None of the county websites disclose whether or not they belong to any government sector lobbying associations.
- Four county websites provide information on how to request public records using the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act.
- Only four county websites provide some information about county taxes.
Counties without websites
As of June 2010, only two South Carolina counties do not have a website: Lee and Marion counties.
This article was taken and modified from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia under the GNU license.