Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Board Member, Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan School Board, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
Craig Angrimson served in the United States Marine Corps before becoming an engineer and moving with his wife to Apple Valley, Minnesota. Angrimson serves as the president of the Local 35 International Union of Operating Engineers.
|Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Public Schools, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Mike Roseen Incumbent||30.1%||12,138|
|Nonpartisan||Gary Huusko Incumbent||26.3%||10,616|
|Nonpartisan||Art Coulson Incumbent||24.3%||9,811|
|Source: Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "Results for Selected Contests in School District No. 196 - Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan," accessed December 18, 2013|
Angrimson reported $1,350.00 in contributions and $1,669.19 in expenditures to the district office, which left his campaign with $319.19 in debt.
Craig Angrimson received endorsements for his campaign from the following organizations:
- IUOE local 49
- IUOE local 70
- Carpenters local 322
- IBEW local 110
- IAM LL459
- Teamsters local 120
During a candidate forum hosted by the Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce, Angrimson stated that his top priorities were passing the school levy referendum, reining in the budget, advancing technology in district STEM programs and setting up a more informal method for parents to communicate with the school board.
What was at stake?
There were three seats on the school board up for election on November 5, 2013. Board Clerk Gary Huusko, Treasurer Art Coulson and fellow incumbent Mike Roseen sought and won re-election. They faced only one challenger, Craig Angrimson, for the three seats.
Since the 2009-10 school year, the Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan district administration has cut $34 million from its budget in response to a decline in the growth rate of state K-12 education funding. These cuts resulted in the loss of more than 200 staff and widespread pay freezes for remaining employees. Voters rejected a levy referendum in 2010 that would have increased local funding for Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan, which left the district reliant on its 2005 levy that expires in 2016. There was a new levy referendum on the November 5, 2013 ballot that would allow the district to maintain its current spending levels without requiring additional cuts, which passed. On September 9, 2013, the school board and the Dakota County United Educators union agreed to a new salary schedule for district employees that provides a two percent raise in each step of the salary schedule and an increase in the district's benefit contributions. The previous salary schedule had not been adjusted for four years due to the financial difficulties experienced by the district.
About the districtDakota County, Minnesota. The county seat of Dakota County is Hastings, Minnesota. According to the 2010 United States Census, Dakota County is home to 405,088 residents.
Dakota County outperformed the rest of Minnesota in terms of its median rates of average household income, poverty rate and higher education achievement in 2011. The median household income in Dakota County was $73,723 compared to $58,476 for the state of Minnesota. The poverty rate in Dakota County was 6.0% compared to 11.0% for the entire state. The United States Census Bureau also found that 38.8% of Dakota County residents aged 25 years and older attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 38.4% in Minnesota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Craig + Angrimson + Rosemount-Apple + Valley-Eagan + Public + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Public Schools, Minnesota
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Public Schools Elections (2013)
- Vote for Craig Angrimson - District 196 School Board, "Home," accessed October 22, 2013
- Jessica Harper, Sun Post, "Incumbents face one challenger in District 196 race," August 14, 2013
- Information received in an email to Ballotpedia from district communications director Tony Taschner on February 11, 2014
- Vote for Craig Angrimson - District 196 School Board, "Endorsements," accessed October 22, 2013
- Andrea Parrott, Eagan Patch, "District 196 School Board Candidates Name Top 3 Priorities," October 9, 2013
- Erin Adler, Star Tribune, "Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan district to ask for additional $10 million this fall," August 10, 2013
- Christopher Magan, TwinCities.com, "Teachers, nurses in Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan schools get raises," September 10, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Dakota County, Minnesota," accessed October 15, 2013
- Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State, "Election Results and Statistics," accessed October 15, 2013