|New Jersey General Assembly District 19|
|2010 - Present|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Saint John's University|
|J.D.||Saint John's Law School|
Coughlin is an attorney. He received his JD from Saint John's Law School, and BS in Communications from Saint John's University.
He is President of Fords Clara Barton Little League, and previous Chairman of the Woodbridge Democratic Organization, member of the South Amboy City Council, and South Amboy Board of Education.
Coughlin won re-election in 2011. Coughlin and incumbent John Wisniewski ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Angel Leon and Shane Robinson in the November 8 general election.
Bracketed with incumbent John Wisniewski in the November 3, 2009 general election, he received 22,142 votes (26%), defeating Republican challengers Peter Kothari and Richard Piatkowski, as well as Change and Commitment candidate Barry Adler and Independent Conservative candidate James Poesl.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Nineteenth Legislative District (2009)|
|John S. Wisniewski (D)||24,329|
|Craig J. Coughlin (D)||22,226|
|Richard W. Piatkowski (R)||17,555|
|Peter Kothari (R)||16,846|
In 2011, Coughlin received $181,681 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Craig Coughlin's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Democratic Party||$14,078|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$6,500|
|New Jersey Education Association||$5,000|
|Electrical Workers Local 456||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$181,681|
|Total Votes received in 2011||17,492|
|Cost of each vote received||$10.39|
Below are Coughlin's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 27||$8,000|
|Election Fund Of John Wisniewski||$8,000|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,500|
|Election Fund Of Senator Joe Vitale||$2,600|
Coughlin has been endorsed by:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Craig + Coughlin + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJ General Assembly - Craig Coughlin
- Coughlin for Assembly - official site
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Imagine Election profile
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2009
- Craig Coughlin on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Coughlin
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
|New Jersey Assembly District 19
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |