|New Jersey General Assembly District 19|
|2010 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Saint John's University|
|J.D.||Saint John's Law School|
He previously served as Chairman of the Woodbridge Democratic Organization.
Coughlin earned his B.S. in Communications from Saint John's University and his J.D. from Saint John's Law School. His professional experience includes working as an attorney.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Coughlin served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Financial Institutions and Insurance, Chair|
In the 2010-2012 legislative session, Coughlin served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Higher Education|
|• Regulated Professions|
Coughlin won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 19. Coughlin was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He and incumbent John S. Wisniewski (D) defeated Arif Khan (R) and Stephanie Ziemba (R) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Coughlin won re-election in 2011. Coughlin and incumbent John Wisniewski ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Angel Leon and Shane Robinson in the November 8 general election.
Bracketed with incumbent John Wisniewski in the November 3, 2009 general election, he received 22,142 votes (26%), defeating Republican challengers Peter Kothari and Richard Piatkowski, as well as Change and Commitment candidate Barry Adler and Independent Conservative candidate James Poesl.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Nineteenth Legislative District (2009)|
|John S. Wisniewski (D)||24,329|
|Craig J. Coughlin (D)||22,226|
|Richard W. Piatkowski (R)||17,555|
|Peter Kothari (R)||16,846|
Comprehensive donor information for Coughlin is available dating back to 2009. Based on available campaign finance records, Coughlin raised a total of $290,783 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 16, 2013.
|Craig Coughlin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 19||$181,681|
|2009||New Jersey General Assembly, District 19||$109,102|
|Grand Total Raised||$290,783|
2011Coughlin won re-election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Coughlin raised a total of $181,681.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Craig Coughlin's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Democratic Party||$14,078|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9||$6,500|
|New Jersey Education Association||$5,000|
|Electrical Workers Local 456||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$181,681|
|Source: Follow the Money|
2009Coughlin won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2009. During that election cycle, Coughlin raised a total of $109,102.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2009 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Craig Coughlin's campaign in 2009|
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 27||$8,000|
|Election Fund of John S Wisniewski||$5,000|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,500|
|Election Fund of John Wisniewski||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2009||$109,102|
|Source: Follow the Money|
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
In 2011, Coughlin’s endorsements included the following:
Coughlin and his wife, Tish, have three children. Coughlin is President of the Fords Clara Barton Little League, and a member of the South Amboy City Council and South Amboy Board of Education.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Craig + Coughlin + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Jersey General Assembly
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2009
- Craig Coughlin on Facebook
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 10, 2014
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associate Press, "General Election Results, November 4, 2009," accessed April 10, 2014
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2009 New Jersey Assembly General Election Results,accessed April 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Coughlin, Craig" Accessed August 16, 2013
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections," Accessed September 4, 2013
- Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
- Politicker NJ, 2011 AFL-CIO endorsed candidates, accessed Aug. 5, 2011
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |