|Ohio House of Representatives District 1|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Retired, Business Owner|
He previously owned the IT Company, BEST Consulting, before he retired. Still active after retirement, he then founded his own non-profit IT training school, Newlife Academy. Following this, he started his own IT company whose mission was in part to hire those who had graduated from Newlife Academy. He currently lives in Columbiana County.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Newbold has been appointed to the following committees:
- Economic and Small Business Development Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Ohio House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Local Government Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
Newbold is running for re-election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 5. Newbold was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and is challenged by Nick Barborak (D) in the general election which takes place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 1|
|Craig Newbold (R)||17,616||52.58%|
|Linda Bolon (D)||15,887||47.42%|
In 2010, Newbold collected $279,434 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2010.
|OHIO HOUSE REPUBLICAN ORGANIZATIONAL CMTE||$132,328|
|OHIO REPUBLICAN PARTY||$69,725|
|NEWBOLD, CRAIG E||$43,463|
|COLUMBIANA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY||$2,000|
Newbold has a wife, Rose.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Ohio Leadership Team," February 28, 2012
- ↑ Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Secretary of State, Ohio House of Representatives elections results
- ↑ 2010 contributions
Linda Bolon (D)
|Ohio House of Representatives District 1
| Succeeded by|