|Ohio House of Representatives District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Retired, Business Owner|
Newbold previously owned the IT Company, BEST Consulting, before his retirement. Still active after retirement, he founded his own non-profit IT training school, Newlife Academy. Following this, he started his own IT company whose mission was in part to hire those who had graduated from Newlife Academy. He currently lives in Columbiana County.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Newbold served on the following committees:
- Economic and Small Business Development Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Ohio House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Local Government Committee, Ohio House of Representatives
Newbold lost his bid for re-election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 5. Newbold was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and was defeated by Nick Barborak (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Craig Newbold Incumbent||49.4%||22,079|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 1|
|Craig Newbold (R)||17,616||52.58%|
|Linda Bolon (D)||15,887||47.42%|
In 2010, Newbold collected $279,434 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2010.
|OHIO HOUSE REPUBLICAN ORGANIZATIONAL CMTE||$132,328|
|OHIO REPUBLICAN PARTY||$69,725|
|NEWBOLD, CRAIG E||$43,463|
|COLUMBIANA COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY||$2,000|
Newbold has a wife, Rose.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Craig + Newbold + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Ohio Leadership Team," February 28, 2012(Archived)
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "State Representative: Results for general election on November 2, 2010," accessed June 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Campaign contributions for 2010," accessed June 12, 2014
Linda Bolon (D)
|Ohio House of Representatives District 1
| Succeeded by|
Ron Amstutz (R)
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |