Cranston Public Schools elections (2014)
Method of election
Cranston Public Schools
Providence County, Rhode Island ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Rhode Island
Seven seats on the Cranston Public Schools school committee are up for general election on November 4, 2014.
About the district
- See also: Cranston Public Schools, Rhode Island
Providence County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Rhode Island in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 25.9 percent of Providence County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 30.8 percent for Rhode Island as a whole. The median household income in Providence County was $49,213 compared to $56,102 for the state of Rhode Island. The poverty rate in Providence County was 16.5 percent compared to 13.2 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cranston + Public + Schools + Rhode + Island"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island
- Cranston Public Schools, Rhode Island
- Rhode Island school board elections, 2014
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- Providence County, Rhode Island ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Rhode Island
- United States Census Bureau, "Providence County, Rhode Island," accessed September 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed February 18, 2014
- Rhode Island State Board of Elections, "Election Results," accessed September 3, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Cranston Public Schools Elections|
|Providence County, Rhode Island|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|