|Virginia Senate District 25|
|2001 - Present|
|January 11, 2012|
|Years in position||13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Place of birth||Richmond, VA|
Deeds received a B.A. at Concord College in 1980 and a J.D. at Wake Forest University School of Law in 1984. He is a member of the Presbyterian Church.
In addition to serving as senator Deeds works as an attorney. Previously Deeds was a member of the House of Delegates from 1992-2001.
- Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources
- Courts of Justice
- Privileges and Elections
Deeds represents Virginia Senate District 25. Senate District 25 includes Albemarle County(part), Alleghany County, Bath CountyBuckingham County(part), Buena Vista, Charlottesville, Covington, Nelson County, Rockbridge County(part).
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
Deeds raised $193,242 for his campaign.
|Virginia State Senate, District 25 (2007)|
Deeds's campaign website lists the following priorities:
- Economic Opportunity for All Virginians
- Excerpt: "He supports technical education and workforce training, knowing both are essential to maintain and enhance employment opportunities across Virginia. Creigh knows that investing in our infrastructure is vital to growing our economy."
- Public Schools and Higher Education
- Excerpt: "During Creigh Deeds’ 19 years in the General Assembly he has been a leader for our children, our public schools, and our colleges and universities. He supports smaller class sizes, early childhood education, classroom technology, vocational training, and increased teacher salaries."
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "As a former prosecutor and member of the House Courts of Justice Committee, Creigh Deeds has fought to keep our families safe. He was the chief patron of Virginia’s “Megan’s Law” to protect children from sexual predators and also introduced legislation establishing the Amber Alert Program in Virginia."
- Conservation and Environmental Protection
- Excerpt: "Creigh Deeds led the fight to conserve open spaces and our rural landscapes, while promoting efforts to plan for growth and protect our clean air, clean water, and natural environment."
- Affordable Access to Quality Health Care
- Excerpt: "Creigh Deeds was the chief sponsor of legislation to help elderly and disabled Virginians afford the rising costs of prescription drugs. He supports efforts to hold HMOs accountable when their actions hurt you or your family’s health."
Below are Creigh's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|Dominion (Energy & Natural Resources)||$11,500|
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$10,500|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$8,500|
|Virginia Trial Lawyers Association||$7,000|
|Home Builders Association of Virginia||$5,500|
Deeds was born in Richmond, Virginia on January 4, 1958.
- Creigh Deeds' personal website
- Biography from the Virginia Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2003, 2005, 2007
- Creigh Deeds on Facebook
- Creigh Deeds on Twitter
|Virginia Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|