|South Carolina State Senate District 17|
|November 12, 2012|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|South Carolina State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||The Citadel, 1979|
|J.D.||University of South Carolina, 1985|
|Birthday||May 12, 1956|
|Place of birth||Winnsboro, SC|
Coleman was Chair for Fairfield County Democratic Party in 1998. He served in the South Carolina State House from 2000 to 2008. He joined the South Carolina State Senate in 2008. He has served in that position since, representing the 17th district.
Coleman has worked as a prosecutor for the Fifth Judicial Circuit from 1985 to 1990, and he has worked for the Sixth Judicial Circuit from 1990 to 1992. He has worked for the Fourth Circuit United States Court of Appeals from 1993 to the present. He is also an attorney for Coleman and Tolen, Limited Liability Company.
Coleman earned his BA from The Citadel in 1979. He went on to receive his JD from the University of South Carolina in 1985.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Coleman has been appointed to the following committees:
- Corrections and Penology Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Fish, Game and Forestry Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- General Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, South Carolina State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Coleman served on the following committees:
- Corrections and Penology Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Fish, Game and Forestry Committee, South Carolina Senate
- General Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Judiciary Committee, South Carolina Senate
Coleman raised $151,762 for his campaign, against $4,886 by Bennett.
|South Carolina State Senate, District 17|
|Creighton Coleman (D)||28,028|
|Mark Bennett (R)||9,952|
Coleman raised $151,762 in the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Senate Democratic Caucus of South Carolina||$5,000|
|Ben Arnold Sunbelt Beverage Co. of South Carolina||$4,000|
|South Carolina Farm Bureau||$3,000|
|South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
|South Carolina Automobile Dealers Association||$2,997|
|Fairfield Electric Cooperative||$2,500|
Coleman and his wife Marion have three children.
- Profile from the South Carolina Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
|South Carolina State Senate - District 17
| Succeeded by|