|Georgia House of Representatives District 71|
Bennett was also a non-partisan candidate in the November 8, 2011 special election for the Georgia State Senate, District 28. The special election was called to fill the vacancy created when Mitch Seabaugh (R) resigned to accept an appointment to the position of deputy state treasurer.
Bennett ran in a special election for Georgia House of Representatives District 71. The seat was vacant following Robert Stokely's (R) resignation in order to serve as a Coweta County Magistrate Judge. Bennett lost against Michael Farbo, Jr. (R), Darryl Marmon (R), David J. Stover (R), Richard Weisser (R), and Thomas Crymes (R) in the special election on February 5. Candidates had until January 9 to qualify. As no candidate won 50 percent of the vote, the top two-vote-getters - Crymes and Stover - proceeded to a runoff.
Bennett faced Republicans Mark Washington, Duke Blackburn, Matt Brass, Mike Crane, Kyle Frank, Dale Pepper, and Edward Stone. She also faced Democrats Wayne Seabolt and Jammie Williams. Since no candidate received a majority of the vote on November 8, the top two vote getters--Blackburn and Crane--proceeded to a run-off election on December 6.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, "Seabaugh leaving legislature for treasury post," October 3, 2011
- The Citizen, "Stokely turns down House seat for local appointment," December 23, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION COMPLETE IN SPECIAL ELECTION FOR STATE HOUSE DISTRICT 71," January 10, 2013
- Times Herald, "State Representative Special Election: Stover, Crymes set for runoff," February 6, 2013
- Georgia Secretary of State, "List of Candidates, District 25," October 19, 2011
- Georgia Secretary of State, District 28, Unofficial Results, November 9, 2011
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |