Cynthia M. Philo
was a Democratic candidate
for District 10
of the Pennsylvania State Senate
. The primary election
was on May 18, 2010 and the general election was on November 2
- See also: Pennsylvania State Senate elections, 2010
Philo was unopposed in the May 18 Democratic primary but lost to incumbent Republican Charles McIlhinney in the November 2 general election.
Philo's campaign website identified four main issues:
- Create jobs She will work to "support opportunities for small businesses" and "modernize our aging infrastructure."
- Clean up Harrisburg She will work to "enact term limits" and "eliminate legislative pay raises."
- Eliminate pension abuse Philo will work to "roll back the legislative pension increase" and "ensure appropriate pension funding for educators."
- Protect natural resources Philo will work to "demand responsible extraction of Marcellus shale" and "protect residents and businesses from flooding."