Cynthia Stone Creem
|Cynthia Stone Creem|
|Massachusetts State Senate First Middlesex and Norfolk|
|January 5, 2013|
|Years in position||15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Boston University, 1964|
|J.D.||Boston University, 1966|
|Place of birth||Brookline, MA|
Creem's professional experience has been as an attorney since 1966 with Stone, Stone, and Creem.
Creem earned her BS in busincess administration and JD from Boston University.
In 2010, Creem was named as Legislator of the Year by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The award is presented each year to a state or federal legislator who has made great contributions to the legal profession, courts and administration of justice.
Creem is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Women's Bar Association.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Creem has been appointed to these committees:
- Bills in the Third Reading Committee, Chair
- Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture
- Joint Committee on Judiciary, Chair
- Joint Committee on Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Post Audit and Oversight Committee, Vice Chair
- Ways and Means Committee
- Joint Committee on Ways and Means
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Creem served on these committees:
- Bonding, Capital Expenditures and State Assets Committee
- Judiciary Committee
- Telecommunication, Utilities and Energy Committee
- Veterans and Federal Affairs Committee
- Ways and Means Committee
Creem won re-election to the First Middlesex and Norfolk District Seat in 2010. Charles Rudnick ran against her in the primary. The primary election took place on September 14, 2010. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Massachusetts State Senate - First Middlesex and Norfolk District|
|Cynthia Stone Creem (D)||45,982|
On November 4, 2008, Creem won re-election for the Senate election for the First Middlesex and Norfolk district.  In this election she raised $24,615-; of that total $23,965 (97.4%) was from in state contributions and $650 (2.6%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts State Senate - First Middlesex and Norfolk district|
|Cynthia Creem (D)||56,870|
In 2010, Creem received $85,747 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Massachusetts State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cynthia Stone Creem's campaign in 2010|
|Lee, Barbara F||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Bay Constables Association Inc||$500|
|Goldberg, Deborah B||$500|
|Massachusetts State Council Of Service Employees||$500|
|Gifford, Robert G||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$85,747|
In 2008 Cynthia Stone Creem collected $24,615 in donations. 
Four of her largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Boston Police Patrolmen's Association||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Cynthia + Creem + Massachusetts + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Creem was born in Brookline, Massachusetts and raised in Newton, Massachusetts. She is currently married to Harvey Creem.
- Creem's website
- Official Massachusetts State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart policies
- Project Vote Smart senator biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Creem's facebook
- Senator Creem's facebook
- Senator Creem's twitter
- Creem's flickr
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
|Massachusetts State Senate First Middlesex and Norfolk
| Succeeded by|