|Wisconsin State Assembly District 14|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Lakeland College, 2000|
|Associate's||Moraine Valley Community College, 2000|
|Master's||Marquette University, 2007|
|Place of birth||Oak Lawn, IL|
|Profession||Certified Public Accountant|
Kooyenga graduated with honors from Lakeland College in Sheboygan. He earned Masters in business Administration from Marquette University. He is a Certified Public Accountant and also serves as an Officer in the United States Army Reserve
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kooyenga has been appointed to these committees:
- Consumer Protection Committee
- Financial Institutions Committee, Vice Chair
- Homeland Security and State Affairs Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Kooyenga was unopposed in the November 2 general election. Kooyenga defeated Republicans David Coon, Dennis Kaun, Chris Maurer, Michael Olen, and Ryan Shulander in the primary election. 
Kooyenga lists the following issues on his campaign website:
- Jobs and the Economy - Wants to lower the tax burden on small business.
- Human life - Supports the protection of the unborn.
- State Finances - Supports cutting wasteful spending and government debt.
- Right to Bear Arms - Supports keeping weapons away from violent criminals and felons.
- Taxes - Has signed a pledge not to raise taxes.
- Education - Supports school vouchers in order to encourage competition.
- Voter ID - Supports requiring photo ID for voting.
In 2010, when Kooyenga first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $45,151 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Wisconsin Republican Party||$500|
|Greater Milwaukee Association of Realtors||$500|
|Wal-Mart Stores PAC-Resp Govt||$500|
|Wisconsin Health & Hospital Association||$500|
|Milwaukee Police Association PAC||$500|
|15 individual donors||$500 each|
Kooyenga is married and has two children.
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Kooyenga on Facebook
- Kooyenga on Twitter
- Kooyenga on LinkedIn
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |